Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Blazed with Spiritualness

​Okay i lied last week. At least i think it was last week...This week was definitely the longest/shortest week of my life. it seemed to drag at times and yet I still can't believe it's Monday.

Tuesday night we were street contacting and inviting people to the Family History event happening Wednesday and we talked to this guy called John. 

He wasn't super interested but he said he might come and he even set up a return appointment with us... in a pub... on a friday night...

Mind you we didn't get his contact info or anything. He wouldn't give it to us.

So we prayed super hard that we would see him again.

He showed up to the Family History Event! On his BIKE! He lives pretty far away and it was at 7:30 at night. My jaw literally dropped when I saw him pull up to the VC. Definitely a miracle. 

The Family History night was really good as well. John seemed to like it a lot. A guy called Nick Barron came and spoke. He is a guy that puts on the BBC production 'Who Do You Think You Are?' and he basically talked a lot about what he thinks the future of family history is. Interesting for sure. Little does he know that family history has a way deeper meaning than just finding your roots.

John liked it so much that at the end of the night he was asking me questions about the Book of Mormon that he accepted and told us that he will come here for the lesson on Friday(: ...still no contact info.

We said goodbye to one of the office couples on Thursday which was sad but I know i'll see them again.


Friday we had the lesson with John and we had the Wright's, a couple from the ward, come. Best. Lesson. Ever. The Spirit was so strong and even John recognized that he felt different. He described it as feeling 'serene'. 

Saturday was insane as usual and Sister Catogni and I gave a really good tour together for Elder Oh and Elder Clarks' less actives that they brought.

I went on exchange with Sister Engelbrektsson and we taught a family type thing... not sure what to call them that were treating each other so horribly. I couldn't even believe it. 

The 12 year old put vodka in her coke that she was drinking hiding it from her dad... i didn't notice during the time or else i would have said something. It just makes me grateful for the way i was raised and for the wonderful family that i have!

I am so ready for General Conference. I don't think i've ever needed such a spiritual boost.

I hope you all have an amazing week! Enjoy Conference! I'll be thinking of you during the live sessions! Hope to hear from you next week!

Love,
Sister Stewart


Also... My friends are famous. 8,000+ views. Killin it. I totally recorded it...


Oh and... My birthday is a week from Wednesday, in case you are wondering.
That's the 8th of October.
as in October EIGHTH
10/08
08Oct
October 8, 2014.

I'll be 22.
That is all.

Oh.

Here is my address... just in case.

England London South Mission
The London Temple
West Park Road
Newchapel, Surrey
RH19 6NB

No comments :

Post a Comment