Well it's been another crazy week.
We had fun making race cars out of marshmallows and dry pasta last pday with the office elders which was definitely interesting. We also played some fun ping pong. (:
Wednesday we had a Mission Conference and Elder and Sister Adler of the 3rd quorum of the 70 came to speak to us. It was such an inspired day that's for sure. They spoke a lot about how we need to love and not only love each other but love ourselves. That's still something that I am striving to work on. The Spirit was so strong and I am so grateful that they were able to come and speak to us. It's definitely bitter sweet knowing that it was my last zone conference. Never again will I be with a group of people that are so oddly connected to each other. I'm definitely going to miss those.
Thursday night a guy from Salt Lake came called Mark Lusvardi to train us. He is over all of the Visitor Centres and Historical Sites in the church. He came last year as well as I was being trained which was an eye opener. It made me realize how much I have grown since we saw him last. I guess that will be a bit like when I see all of you! It should be a fun experience. (: Hopefully you guys don't drop dead because i've changed heaps! Its a good change that was definitely needed. I'm so grateful for my mission!
Anyway. We were being trained on how to better help the VC. We are getting a new movie in the VC where they show clips of missionaries from the district before and after their mission. I think it's pretty exciting! I will help the members know that we are actually normal and have had lives before this... I am guilty of thinking of the missionaries at home as robots so being one has been a good experience!
The VC got an iPad as well! How sweet is that?! Now all we have to do to play mormon messages is look it up on the internet with the iPad and play it straight from there and it will pop up onto our projector. Now if only our missionaries could get iPads. Oh well. I'm quite happy with my paper planner anyway!
It's been such a long week. We didn't have time for an entire week to eat dinner. Friday was the first time that we ate dinner since last week. So not healthy but we do not have any time. seriously it's the worst! We've made sure that we've planned dinner before we make any appointments though and plus we have a couple of dinner appointments as well so that's good(:
Thanks for all that you do for me(: I can feel the power of your prayers as i go through my day to day missionary work. Heavnely Father has blessed me tremendously on my mission and I will never be able to thank Him enough so thank you to everyone who made it possible for me to be here.
Sister Stewart
No comments :
Post a Comment