One of my favorite talks given at General Conference was given by Elder Jörg Klebingat entitled 'Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence'.
"The adversary knows that faith in Christ—the kind of faith that produces a steady stream of tender mercies and even mighty miracles—goes hand in hand with a personal confidence that you are striving to choose the right. For that reason he will seek access to your heart to tell you lies—lies that Heavenly Father is disappointed in you, that the Atonement is beyond your reach, that there is no point in even trying, that everyone else is better than you, that you are unworthy, and a thousand variations of that same evil theme."
Have you EVER felt like that before? I know I have multiple times.
How do we overcome those negative thoughts and feelings?
1. Take responsibility for your own spiritual well-being.
2. Take responsibility for your own physical well-being.
3. Embrace voluntary, wholehearted obedience as part of your life.
4. Become really, really good at repenting thoroughly and quickly.
5. Become really, really good at forgiving.
6. Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience.
I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to learn, grow and change because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. He is the one that can help me overcome my weaknesses. He is my rock and the one that I know I can count on. The Atonement is accessible to anyone and everyone who accepts it.
No comments :
Post a Comment