Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Testimony Tuesday: Picture Perfect

It's crazy to me to see how much I lost sight of the little things that I once noticed daily. Those "little things" may seem small but in hindsight I know that things like a simple smile from a stranger were the only things that kept me going even when I didn't realize it.

I know Heavenly Father placed certain people in my life to help me get through the rock and the hard place I seemed to be stuck in between. I am so grateful for the love that He showed to me through other people even when I didn't recognize it.

He knows us better than we do.

That's something that I need to get through my head more often. I know that He knows what's best for me. I just need to be humble and accept the fact that I don't always know everything.

He knows us so well that he already knows what choice we are going to make in any given situation. That's where I feel like the phrase "God has a plan for you" comes in. He doesn't control what you do or force you to do anything, He just knows you THAT well.

He created us.

I would hope that He knows me that well considering he knows what makes up every fiber of my being. It's amazing to me to think about how much knowledge He has in comparison to our little brains that can't even come up with a good story line for movies anymore (excluding Disney's PIXAR of course). I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of Him, my Creator, my Father in Heaven.

He provided a Savior for me.

He knows me well enough, thank goodness, to know that I'm not, nor will I ever be, PERFECT without a savior. He wants me to return to him bad enough that he sacrificed His Only Begotten Son.

"Understanding the Savior’s freely given atoning love can free us from self-imposed, incorrect, and unrealistic expectations of what perfection is. Such understanding allows us to let go of fears that we are imperfect—fears that we make mistakes, fears that we are not good enough, fears that we are a failure compared to others, fears that we are not doing enough to merit His love." -Elder Garrit W. Gong
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." -Matthew 5:48

Yes, I know that it is a commandment to be perfect BUT not everyone knows that that word has a way different meaning than what the world/culture of the church thinks.

To be perfect means to be whole.

There is this "norm" that everyone only sees the good side of people and then compares it to themselves. It only ever used to be like that in the culture of the church but now it's everywhere. You go to church and see a picture perfect family, you see the missionaries and see picture perfect followers of Christ, you see friends on social media that seem to have the picture perfect fiance.

The truth is... We need to stop. I need to stop. Stop judging others even if it means you stop putting the "perfect life" label on them. No one is perfect and I need to be more aware of that wherever it may be.

I love my Father in Heaven and I am grateful for the way he sees me.

I am trying.

I am a daughter of God and He loves me.

No comments :

Post a Comment