What in the world even happened this week? I'm asking you because i sure can't remember. i'm sure we must have done some missionary work because my planner is officially done now that the 6 week transfer is over. i think i normally try and block transfer week out of brain.
Oh that's one thing that happened on Wednesday! Transfers went smoothly! I may or may not be having sister walmsley withdraws. we've served around each other in the VC for 10 months and hardly ever went a day without seeing each other. i know i probably sound pathetic but she's like my bff. She totally brought an investigator on Saturday though so it was good to see her. (:
It only rained once this week and of course it decides to rain the one time we plan to go street contacting. England has probably 2 or 3 types of rain but this time it was the classic mist that you can't even use an umbrella with because the wind whooshes the mist underneath. So that was fun! no one would listen to us so i just handed a mormon.org card to the guy working on the sewer... had to talk to everyone!
Saturday was crazy busy here in the VC because the temple was closed for 2 weeks for maintenance and Tuesday it opened back up so there were a ton of people here. we had about 150 people come in by 11:00. Our VC is TINY by the way. plus our theatre isn't working properly so we had to shove them all into the arrival centre, which is the room right off of the VC. Try doing a tour for a nonmember with all that hype.
We saw quite a few people this week including the Feher family from Hungry! We only met with Adrian this time though because her kids were at school and husband at work but it went so well! She said her husband started reading the Book of Mormon which is super awesome. We still haven't met him yet. I can't even explain to you how HAPPY i would be if this family came into the gospel. I'm pretty sure i'd cry. I've developed such a love for them it's unreal and i can't even communicate with Adrian properly with the language barrier.
It is so amazing to be able to serve right on the Temple grounds. I still can't even believe i'm here IN ENGLAND. Seriously. Living here was my dream ever since i visited London my senior year of high school and i have been so blessed to be able to teach the people i am around. Even though people aren't incredibly receptive i know that one day they will recognize another missionary whether it's in a year or 10.
I hope and pray that Heavenly Father is keeping you all safe. I love each and every one of you! I love what my mom said in her email to me last week, 'the church is true, not just a part of it but all of it'. I second that! (:
No comments :
Post a Comment