Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Oh my life! I probably start my emails the exact same every week but that is seriously how i feel every time! I cannot get over how many miracles we have been seeing. It has been absolutely AMAZING.

I apologize because I don't have my camera which means you won't be able to see the face of my baby until next week! I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures together. (:

She is probably the best companion I have ever had. She is like my sister and my best friend all in one! It's amazing how great you can get along with someone! I honestly have never ever been happier my entire mission it feels like except for when I was training Sister Maddocks. I love it!

My companion, Sister Catogni (the G is silent), is the cutest girl you will ever meet! I have never seen such a prepared sister in my life. She is 19 and has the cutest curliest hair ever! We motivate each other like no other and are able to identify our weaknesses then tackle them. We've seen a ton of success because of it.

We were able to teach a ton this week which is insane because we only have about 2 or 3 hours of area work a day since we do 2 hours of companionship study for training and some language study (her English is amazing from living in Egypt and she also speaks Arabic, Spanish and French. She plays the piano and the oboe as well). We found 5 new investigator and a less active member!

When we on our way in to the flat we contacted the first person we saw which was Akos from Hungary. We told him we'd drop off a Book of Mormon the next day and he agreed. 

So Saturday night we took one to his flat but he wasn't home. Much to our surprise two other people from Hungry were, a couple. The girl, Viktoria didn't believe in God but points to her partner, Adros, and says 'But he is the same faith as you.' Sister Catogni looked at each other like 'what?'. Turns out he is the less active!

It gets better. 

We have an American in our ward who served his mission in Hungary, went back to the states, married an English girl and moved here. Well 20 years ago he taught Adros and his family in Hungry and they both ended up in the same tiny town of East Grinstead here in England. HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!

Oh wait. It gets even better.

They BOTH came to church the next day! Viktoria was very skeptical but she said she finally decided to go after a huge fight within herself. The talks that were given were EXACTLY what she needed to hear. She said she still doesn't know how she feels about church and that she's a bit confused but that she was sure we could help her along the way. 

Are you kidding me right now?! Sister Catogni could hardly contain and I our excitement when they actually CAME to church. So we had 3 investigators at church along with a less active. They only stayed for the first hour but we will see them sometime in the week. (:

I honestly don't know what we did to be SO blessed this week especially with it being transfer week. We set 3 goals for the transfer which are:

1. Talk to EVERYONE!
2. Follow the Spirit
3. Invite EVERYONE we meet to church

Nothing like this has EVER happened on my mission it seems like. I am SO grateful and so blessed for the miracles that we've been able to see. I honestly don't know how to express my gratitude for my Heavenly Father. I have never been happier and don't ever want my mission to end.

I hope you are all just as happy as I am! Serve someone if you're not!

Love,
Sister Stewart