Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Things We Do


Hello!
Where do I start?! This week has been pretty good! On Monday when we went into London to hear Elder Ballard speak to us we saw some I am A Mormon ads and of course we had to take pictures! Sister Walmsley is in the background. (: The picture of me and Sister Cardona, my companion, is in front of the Hyde Park Chapel where we listened to Elder Ballard. It's a lot smaller than what i was expecting.

 I started DRIVING this week! I drove for the first time on the right side of the car on the left side of the road. It was beyond nerve wracking but very exciting. My Visitor Center director, Sister Carpenter took me our twice for about an hour each. These people live for round abouts and it makes me cringe because i absolutely hate them. Not to mention that i have to be looking to the right to see if anyone is coming rather than the left. i tend to inch my way to the left when driving just out of habit and have to remind myself to inch right instead. i felt like i was 15 with my permit again just like i'm sure Jake has felt! Good job on passing your permit test by the way Jakeypoo. (: lol. My little brother is growing up! How crazy.

On Friday we went knocking on some doors and a lot of people weren't home because for one it was the start of the weekend and two it was sunny outside (not normal here). The people who were home all turned us down except one. The guy who actually talked to us was of course mid 20's but of course he was the only one home so we couldn't go in to teach him but we kinda went over the plan of salvation, which is basically why we are here, where did we come from, where are we going type of thing and he seemed interested. We gave him our number and he gave us ours then told us that we could come back on Sunday around two to talk to him. We were sooooooooooo beyond excited. Well i was because being in the visitor's center you don't have tons of appointments that you set up and teach. The next day we tried to text him and it wouldn't go through...not a good sign. So i figured he didn't have texting? Nope. We tried calling him and still nothing. Did we take is number down wrong? What the heck. So Sunday comes and after church we head over to his house with Sister Walsmsley with us since we needed an extra body in case it was just him at home and guess what...We couldn't even remember the house he lived in. More bad signs. Lesson learned. We had to knock on some doors to ask them where he lived. So embarrassing. The houses all looked the same though! Anyway. We found his house and he wasn't there. I was so sad! Hopefully We left him a little note so hopefully he will text us or something. Probably not though.

Yesterday was Father's Day too! I am so grateful for my dad and everything that he does for me to be here on a mission. I love him soooooo much and am proud to call him my dad. I miss him tons, especially yesterday. I am also grateful for my loving Heavenly Father that blessed me with such an amazing dad and also family! I know He is watching over them while i'm gone. (:

Sorry if this email wasn't as spiritually uplifting as normal. lol. I'm loving every second of my mission and want you to know that i pray for all of you everyday. i love you all!! <333333333