Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

One Hundred

It's crazy how up and down missions can be. It's just been one of those weeks where so much has happened it makes my head hurt just thinking about it! But i love you all enough to write it down... plus i'm behind in my journal again(:

So last Monday was the marked the 100th year that Britain declared war against Germany. We remembered that time by only using candles that night which kind of put things into perspective.


I ruined it when i went into the kitchen HOLDING a candle then switching on the light. #firstworldproblems seriously though!

Tuesday was... fun. We've been trying to get the Cummings, the VC senior couple, to go with us to a less active's house for ages and i almost thought it wasn't going to happen again.

We drove to the Stanburry's home and then... i locked the keys in the car and NO ONE had a phone. So we tried knocking on the Standburry's door but no one was home. GREAT!

Sister Catogni and I ended walking for 30 minutes to get to another less active's house just to use a phone and get a ride back to the VC. We had to use the toilet SO bad that we stopped at the hospital for a pit stop. hahaha. When we got to Anneka's she was just pulling away so she let us use her phone and took us back to the Stanburry's.

We used the phone to call the other sisters at the VC and they were already on their way with the spare key! Turns out, the Cummings hacked into someone's internet with their iPad and messaged them on facebook. Goodness gracious. At least i got some exercise.

When we got to the Stanburry's they had just gotten home so we were able to have a lesson with them. Heavenly Father really wanted the Cummings to meet them. lol.

All day Thursday and Friday i worked on these bad boys...



Took all day but i loved every second of it! These are our two big upcoming events.

Thursday was the last day that I had only with Sister Catogni so we went out for dinner!






Sister Mott went home for health reasons ): so now we are in a tri with Sister Jacob until the end of the transfer.

​On friday Viktoria dropped us and Rex dropped his baptismal date. We don't really have anyone to teach and are in the VC all the time so kinda depressing!

To end on a good note, I spoke in church on Sunday and it was probably the best talk i've ever given in my entire life. I spoke for like 25 minutes. Of course the first 5 minutes went super slow and i was freaking out then i just couldn't shut up! It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences that i've had in a while. It was amazing to be able to feel my Heavenly Father's love for me as I testified of knowing who I am, a daughter of God.


The topic i spoke on was revelation and I had SO many people come up to me afterwards it was insane. I told the story of how we found Andras and Viktoria and everyone loved it. Of course i spoke the day the Stake President, President Don McFarlane, was there and the Area 70, Elder Christopher Charles. No pressure.

President McFarlane kept staring at me after i spoke and i could see him smiling at me but didn't want to look at him. I finally gave in and he gave me two thumbs up. I guess i didn't put him to sleep!

Sorry this is so long! I just don't want to miss anything. (:

Last night we also had a fireside that the temple missionaries put on and they asked us to sing a primary song "Mother Tell Me the Story". We replaced the word mother for father as they were speaking of our Heavenly Father for the night.

It's going to be an interesting two and a half weeks so stay tuned!

I love you all and i'm so grateful for the prayers. I feel them daily. Keep praying for Viktoria and Rex. They'll come around.

Sister Stewart

P.S. 100 days until I'm home!! Not than anyone's counting... I'm reading the Doctrine and Covenants backwards!

P.S.S. This is my 100th blog post as well(:

No comments :

Post a Comment