CAUTION: Long Post Ahead; Random Photos Inserted for Your Sake
President Millar talked to Elder Adler of the 3rd quorum of the 70 about how we could increase our teaching pools so this week we had a consecration week where we dedicated 4 hours of our day to straight finding starting on Tuesday.
In the VC we barely even have that in our area so they asked us to do 50% of finding with the time we do have.
Monday was a chaos preparation day. Sister Watt and I went through our clothes and junk to go through what we did and didn't want to take home. I have a lot of stuff that i'm leaving... My room was a disaster.
That night we saw Claudia, a lady Sister Catogni and I found a while back. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she committed to be baptized at the end! We just have to try and meet with her husband and get them both to church(:
Tuesday... I actually don't remember what happened.
Oh wait! now I do. I stayed in the VC all day because I was ill. (:
Wednesday we had district meeting which was fantastic! we've been trying to memorize all of the 'how to begin teaching' bullet points so we had a contest... I almost won!
I went to the doctor as well because i've actually been ill for about 3 weeks now going on 4. I had a cold for two weeks and this past week it switched on me so I went to the doctor and they told me I have a chest infection. Now i'm on antibiotics until this coming wednesday. Hopefully i start feeling better!
We went on splits and Sister Watt and the Pinegars knocked in to a home and taught! Miracle! That never happens.
Thursday... I slept... ALL DAY. It was amazing. Thanks to Sister Jacob, I stayed home and let the antibiotic kick in.
Friday was such a good day. HALLOWEEN! We used our finding time and went on splits. We found so many potentials that we want to contact this upcoming week and Sister Watt and the Pinegars went back to Vincent's house.
We went street contacting while they were in their lesson and we met a girl from Spain who's best friend is Mormon and also a girl we always see working in a drug store on Mondays. They both seem really promising!
We also found another less active member! As we were contacting later that day we went up to a guy and he said "i'm already a member"... we were in shock basically. His name is Chris and is super okay with the missionaries visiting him.
We received a self referral from a person named Michelle so I called and tuns out it's a guy! surprise! So i set up an appointment and we went and saw him Saturday evening. He wasn't home...
I tried calling him and his friend answered...greeeeaaaaaaaatttt. The kid wouldn't even talk to us. Kinda dumb. Needless to say it didn't go anywhere other than them hearing my American accent.
It's been a pretty successful week i'd say! I loved every second of it. I just can't wait until i'm feeling better!
Speaking of Mondays... You probably won't be hearing from me next Monday because i'm going site seeing! Adventure is out there!
Talk to you in two!
Sister Stewart
No comments :
Post a Comment