Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Just Kidding!

Well it was a rough week to say the least other than the fact that we found a solid investigatior! Last week we were street contacting and talked to this girl named Lucy at a pond and she accepted to have us come by. So we had a lesson with her on Tuesday and she was actually really excited about everything. She has two little girls and they are so cute. She even asked for a Book of Mormon when we were explaining what it was to her! Sadly, she didn't come to church yesterday but still. She is wanting to meet with us and that's all we need along with the Spirit.
We had a really awesome Relief Society dinner for Christmas on Tuesday with the ward and it was so much fun and we got to know the members really well. I loved it! All of the members here are extremely nice and i'm glad i got to know them. (:


Unfortunately on Wednesday I woke up in a lot of pain coming from my left knee and i've been out ever since. I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen and have been in touch with my mission president. i'll be going back to the visitor's centre because of it. I'm so gutted that i have to go so soon. I was just getting to know the amazing ward and also the area. Right when i thought i was getting things figured out my knee acts up but hey i guess that's life. i'm going to have to learn what my limits are and go with it. Might as well learn now! I know there was a reason that i was sent out to the field but i also know that there was a reason that i'm being sent back to the visitor's centre. i know i didn't do anything wrong but i still feel like i could have done more. Sister McLaws is taking my place here and my new companion is sister walmsley who i was in the mtc with me and i'm really excited to be able to get some work done with her. We can do great things together i just know it! My knee will be a lot happier with me as well. I had/has some fluid in it and needs some rest which will be a lot easier in the visitor's centre where we have a car. i'm just praying that i don't need another surgery.

Thursday we had zone conference and Elder Teixiera of the 70 spoke. It was so good! Oh yeah and it was Thanksgiving! duh. totally forgot about that. We were even fed a Thanksgiving meal there which was nice! I saw Sister Watt, my mtc companion, and Sister Jacob. They are both VC sisters and it was like seeing family! I loved seeing them and am so glad that i got to. They are amazing missionaries. Elder Teixiera and his wife talked a lot about getting referrals which was nice because we needed new ideas as to ask for them. One of the ideas was to ask our investigators who they would like us to pray for and then after the prayer ask if we can meet them. such a good idea. i don't know why i didn't think of it before. It's so simple! We also learned that only 6% of our missionaries invite investigators to be baptized on the first lesson. I am so guilty of that. haha. oops! So we're going to ask Lucy to be baptized on Tuesday... well i won't but you know what i mean.



All is well though! I'm back to being a VC sister here in a couple of hours. I hope that my knee feels better soon because i'm not ready to come home just for a surgery. Thank you for all of your love and support and especially your prayers! (:

Sister Stewart

P.S. pictures will be up next week