Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Visitor's Center Part 1

Yay for Visitor's Center Week!
I am doing so well here in the MTC but I was ridiculously happy to get out for a couple hours when we went to Salt Lake for Visitor's Cent training! We basically just took a tour from sister missionaries there just to get a feel for what we were doing but it was so awesome! I cannot wait to actually be the one giving the tours. (Tour really means lesson by the way because we really are teaching a lesson while giving the 'tour'. Sneaky sneaky!) During our tour we got to watch a movie on families and i cried!! Go figure. I'm not homesick at all (yet) but it just made me realize how much i love my family and how happy they make me! I'm so glad that I am able to spend eternity with them. (: I can't wait to be able to share that message with those that i teach when i get to London... in FIVE days! So crazy.
After we went to Salt Lake we came back and had class. Class is basically a repeat of everything that we learned the first two weeks but instead of applying to the field they apply it to visitor's centers. It's really cool! There are 12 of us girls that are being trained for visitor's centers but going to different places. Some are going to Los Angeles, Independence Missouri, Kirtland Ohio and of course LONDON! We are the coolest though. (: Anywho, after class another teacher come in that taught all about online/phone call proselyting! One of our sisters is sick in our trio though so i stayed with her while everyone did that but it's okay because we got to do it yesterday and man was it awesome! Me and my companion(s) did the online chatting and it was so cool! We taught a girl from the UK who's friend just got back from a mission in Rome and has been teaching her but she had some more questions and we did all we could to answer them! We taught a REAL person the gospel right from the MTC! So cool. (not that the volunteers aren't real people they just act) We taught her the entire time so we didn't get a chance to take phone calls but we will do that tomorrow! So amazing. The Church is true! I love it. We tried getting Francesca's info but she jumped off super fast once we asked her for her email to answer any more questions (only bad thing about chat/phone calls).
Once we finished with chatting we went to dinner and then when we came back to class we had to give 'tours' to some volunteers. In other words we just gave a short lesson to some people and acted like we were in the London visitor's center. (: It was a really cool experience because it was different than just being on the street in a way. We also learned how to give out guest cards, which are bascially the referral cards. Ah it's so exciting!
We go to Salt Lake again tomorrow to give people tours with a SLC missionary as our companion and so on Monday I'll let you know how that goes!! (: I'll probably be able to send a short email on monday since we leave on Tuesday morning for London!
Thank you all for all of your love and support. (: I would really love to hear back from you sometime! I love you all. (: Hope you are all doing fantastic!
Love,
Sister Stewart
P.S. Sister Berge and I finally got a picture together on Tuesday, which was pday so sorry for the normal clothes! (:
Pictures:
On chat with my companion!
Our tour guides at the Salt Lake City Temple
Me and my companion on the bus OUTSIDE the MTC! *gasp* (: We felt so free.