Hey Everyone!
So much has happened this week and it had been absolutely awesome!... Even though i can't remember hardly anything. We are constantly doing something and i can barely fit in journal writing at the end of the day. There isn't enough time in the day here to get everything done that we need to but that's okay. We had a general authority speak at devotional Tuesday night and we also got to teach two different investigators who were volunteers. My district has grown really close and feels like a family away from the one back home. I absolutely love the MTC minus the food like i said last week. I'm actually feeling much better now that I'm living off of salads and such. It's amazing what the power of the priesthood can do because as soon as the blessing was over i almost instantly felt better when five minutes before i was crying my eyes out. Super embarrassing by the way.
The general authority that spoke at devotional on Tuesday was Russel M. Nelson! My companion knows a lot of people that works here because she literally lives three blocks down the street and since she does we got to sit in the second row during his talk. It was an amazing experience! I guess i don't need to go to general conference after all because that was ten times better being in the second row! When he first walked in everyone stood and he shook every one elses hand including the front row's hand. He was so close to me and as soon as he was, i felt the spirit so strong. it was awesome. i wanted to just reach my hand out so that he would shake it. (: but i didn't! One thing I've noticed that he really stressed was the fact that we have help on the other side praying for us and also guiding us. Ancestors want us to find every one of their families so that they can live with them for eternity after being baptized. One thing that really stuck out to me is when he said "You are the link to what they are now to what they can become." That is so true! I can't wait to be able to share the gospel to actual people in the field. I only have one more week left here in the MTC and am really excited to help others return to live with our Heavenly Father again.
Our investigators that we taught were really awesome even though my companion and i both knew that they were members that just go to BYU but is was a really good experience. The first one we taught was super guarded and hard hearted. She was a "less active" and was having a hard time understanding the concept of personal revelation and of course wen we were done teaching her about personal revelation she still didn't want to accept it even though the spirit was really strong. I shared with her the story of when i was driving up to Winslow from the valley to visit my parents when a something said to me that i needed to pass the truck in front of me. I had no idea why because i was pretty far behind him so i sped up and passed him. After i passed him i looked in my rear view mirror as the oncoming traffic passed when a truck's back tire hit the dirt swerved and rolled onto the truck that i had just passed. if that would have been me in my car there is no way i would be here. i just remember calling my dad and freaking out. haha. i never realized that it was the spirit until later on. I never would have passed someone that far ahead of me but Heavenly Father knew what was going to happen. After we taught the lesson we just went back to class and had a lesson. Later that day we watched a video of a devotional that David A Bednar gave about personal revelation. I don't know why they couldn't have shown that before we had our investigator lesson! Our teacher didn't even know that's what we talked about in our lesson either. So what Bednar said in the talk he gave was something along the lines of 'If you don't know if it's you talking or if it was the Spirit, don't worry about it!'. I love that quote because in that moment sometimes you don't know and you just have to go with it and you will be blessed for it.
My district has been awesome. Half of them that are going to the Sacramento, CA mission left early this morning and the others that are going to Eugene, OR leave tomorrow. It's sad to watch all of them go because we aren't in the same mission. I'm excited for all of them though. I told them to think of us three sisters when they are having good meals in the field while we are in the MTC eating icky food. Only one more week. I can do it right? We had a testimony meeting last night with all of us and it was so powerful to hear every one's testimony's as well as how much they have grown just since they got here! I love it. I'll miss them a lot!! Tomorrow we are going to Salt Lake to be trained for the visitor's center!! YAAAAYYYY!!! We are also going on Saturday afternoon.I'm so excited and really glad to be able to get out of here for a couple hours at least. Maybe we'll get some real food. I honestly doubt it though. Keep your fingers crossed for me though. I'll keep you posted on the food thing. So since our district leaves this week we are getting put with another district and they have their Pday on Friday so we get two in one week! Woo! We got really lucky so you'll get another email from me on Friday as well! Not that anything is going to be any different but I can tell you about the experience at the visitor's center. (:
i love you all so much! i honestly can't believe it's been two weeks since i have gotten here. it'll be hard to leave but at the same time SO easy. I hope you all are doing well since i don't really know...since i haven't gotten any mail. Write me on dearelder.com! It works i promise. (: Happy late birthday to Chloe and Ishel and happy early birthday to Brianna and Lindsay! I miss you all!
<3333333
<3333333
Love,
Sister Stewart
P.S. I've seen Megan, I mean Sister Berge, 3 times this week! We have yet to take a picture. (: