Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

The More The Better

Transfer week; driving all over England once again
My baby, Sister Maddocks, is back!
Pday ends up being not so much of a Pday
Feher children progress towards baptism 31st of May
Almost ate horse
Sarah and Ritika keep their commitments
Eating lasagna until we're sick DA
Sarah's husband announces their baptismal date in church
 Sister Berati still sick 18 hours later
Sacrament meeting moving talks

There are a TON of pictures on my blog from last week! So i'm sure you'll have some fun looking through them. (:

I'm am so grateful that I get to serve with Sister Maddocks again. She is the sweetest girl I have ever met and It's going to be fun serving in a tri with her and Sister Berati! I'm excited for the new adventures that are ahead.


 

We decided to go forward with the Feher children since the rest of their family don't want to be baptized. They watched the restoration movie and know that it's true. I feel like they will be better off with the Gift of the Holy Ghost than without it as they live the rest of their lives. I'm so glad that we found this amazing family! Even if they did want us to try horse meat. (:

Sarah and her 9 year old daughter are doing so well! They attended a baptismal service which was lovely and are praying and reading the scriptures as a family. Manoj, Sarah's husband who is a recent convert, is so excited for them to be baptized!

They had us over for dinner and I left from that DA on the verge of throwing up. They brought out a huge pan of lasagna and we thought it was for the whole family... nope. they had us eat all of it. the whole thing. between the 3 of us. then they asked if we'd have room for pudding and we just started laughing wondering how we were going to fit it all in. 

Luckily they didn't feed us any but they did make us try another slice of the other pan which had chilis in it. Sister Maddocks bit into it and got a chili so her mouth was burning so they had her eat a spoonful of sugar! 

It's about the experience right? i'm sure one day we'll look back and laugh but right now i don't think i will want to eat lasagna for the rest of my life. I've had enough.

So i want to tell you a little bit about Sacrament Meeting yesterday. It was really good! First, Sister Maddocks bore her testimony which was super good! then there was an American husband and wife that spoke called the Childs. They spoke about the pure love of Christ and of our Heavenly Father. 

Brother Childs stood up on the stand while his wife was with their two daughters in the congregation. As he compared the love that Heavenly Father has for us to the love that he has for his girls he started to cry. He also expressed how much patience and understanding Heavenly Father has that sometimes we may not.

His eldest daughter being about 5 saw him crying and then she started to cry. He told her it was okay from the stand but she simply could not stop crying so her mom had to take her out of the room.

I feel like that might have been the reaction of all of us during the time where our Heavenly Father chose who our Savior would be in the Pre-Existence. I don't think that it would have been an easy choice and i think that He would have cried even though He knew it was what had to happen. 

It also made me think about how much love I have not only for my Dad but also for my Heavenly Father. They both have had to be patient with me and are always there for me and i am so grateful for that.

Best wishes,
Sister Stewart xxxx


No comments :

Post a Comment