Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Zone Conference & Miracle Baptisms

Hey Everyone! I can't believe it's already Monday! Where has time gone?!

So on Thursday we had zone conference, where 3 of our zones came together for a meeting. There were a lot of missionaries there! It turned out to be really good. President spoke to us about how we can better work with the members of the church to move the work forward and had some stats for us. In order to have a baptism here in England we have to have at least 10 gospel discussions a day with anyone and everyone. Doesn't seem too hard right? well we'll see if we can do it! our goal as a mission is to baptize 35 people in november and also december so that we can exceed last year. time to get crack-a-lackin!


We attended a baptism which was a miracle. First one that i've been able to see since i've been here! Tracey is amazing. She has been investigating the church for 5 years on her own via lds.org/ mormon.org and came to know that it's true. She contacted the elders and told them that she knew that this was the true church so they taught her the lessons and she got baptized! We got to give her a tour of the Visitor's Centre which is how we tie into all of this and we wanted one of our investigators to go to the baptism but she didn't show. It's amazing how prepared people are today!


Speaking of being prepared... I've been teaching two people online that are completely prepared. One of them is Jeremy from Colorado who some of you might remember me talking about before. His baptismal date is November 2nd! The second person i've been teaching is Jennifer in the Phillipines. She is a referral from a member that came into the visitor's centre and i taught her about eternal marriage and families and she committed to be baptized on November 23rd. (: It's crazy to think that I was called to England to teach people all over the world! i love it!

It's hard to believe that I've been out for as long as I have. I miss you all so much and hope everything is going well! I hope you all are doing fantastic!