Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

That Which Was Lost

How precious are your children to you? 
Think about the first time you laid eyes on them or when they made their first cooing sounds.
I'm sure you were smitten to say the least. 

If you're a mother or a father I'd bet that you'd do anything in the world to help and protect your children. 

I know for a fact that my parents love and support me and will continue to for the rest of my life as well as my other siblings. If I needed help they'd be right there by my side doing anything they could. 

They love me.

Now, how much do you love your brothers and sisters? Despite the fact that there might be some rough times between you you know that you can't live without them.

I have one brother and twin sisters that I absolutely adore. I can't imagine my life without them. My childhood would not have been the same without pushing around my little brother in my Barbie car wearing a dress or the twins projectile vomiting white powdered doughnuts on the way to Utah.


Let's switch gears a little bit.

How much do you think Heavenly Father loves His children?

Not only Did Heavenly Father create us, He sent us to this Earth so that we can receive and enjoy all of the blessings that He does and on top of that He gave us our agency.

Not to mention that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, so that we can return to live with Him again.

Heavenly Father cherishes every single one of His children no matter what.

Since we are all of His children that makes us all brothers and sisters and who are we to neglect those who might have strayed? We've all strayed in one way or another considering none of us are perfect.

These are our brothers and sisters we are talking about. We need to reach out and lift those in need.


"The Lord declared His central mission in these terms: 'For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost' (Matthew 18:11). If it is a priority of the Savior to rescue the lost, if it is a priority of President Thomas S. Monson to do so, as demonstrated by his entire life, should it not be a priority of every leader, every deacons quorum president in this Church to do likewise"
The Power of the Priesthood in the Boy
By Elder Tad R. Callister


No comments :

Post a Comment