Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Temple, Tea Time and Donny Osmond


Hey friends!
It's been quite an eventful week to say the least! I might say that every week but it's true! This week we had a little girl run into the glass of the visitor's center because she though it was the door. haha. We must have really clean windows or something. I busted up laughing and so did her mom but is was quite sad! It didn't even phase the little girl though so it was okay in the end. That was just the laugh of the week. (:

I finally got to do a temple session in the London Temple! AH! it was soooooo good! For this entire month that i have been here i had been dying to go inside but we never had time until this last week and it was amazing. I hated not being able to go every week like we did in the MTC. I missed it so much and am glad that i'm serving right on the grounds. i can look out of the visitor's center and there it is. (: i love it. The temple grounds are by far the most gorgeous thing i've ever seen. they keep everything so perfect and amazing. There is a ton of land around the temple so a lot of people go and have a walk around the temple. it's been pretty sunny this week as well so it was nice when all 6 coaches arrived on saturday full of members from a stake. On saturday we counted over 400 people that came into our tiny visitor's center and this month we have had over 100 nonmembers come in which is more than Hyde Park Chapel Visitor's Center in the middle of London. So awesome.

Thursday... Donny Osmond and his son came to the temple!! His son was doing baptisms and of course they were surrounded by members the entire time they weren't in the temple. A lot of our VC girls got pictures with him but i didn't want to be a bother plus he isn't exactly of my time so i just snapped one quick of him. haha. It was the talk of the town apparently and i think it was one of the temple workers that let it leak because there were quite a few members surrounding them when they came out of the temple. Pretty crazy!

On Friday i had my first "tea time" and it was pretty good! It was with some elderly members who we just basically sat and talked with. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but all in all it was good! We didn't drink tea of course but we had carbonated peach water and some light sandwiches with some cake. Tea time is around 3 o'clock here and apparently some people still have it. It was slightly inconvenient for us because we had a dinner appointment with some other members at 6! First tea time in England. (:

As far as teaching goes we have been doing tons of online work. Right now i am currently working with a guy from california through facebook teaching the lessons and i just got him to commit to meeting with the local missionaries so we will see how that works out! This week me and my companion taught 31 lessons just online. We set a goal for 30 at the beginning of the week and managed to pull it off at the last minute yesterday. haha. This week we are aiming for 32. Oh i almost forgot! I had to, i mean got to, speak in church yesterday! luckily it was only for 5 minutes and it was a super easy topic, member missionary work. (: So go out and let the missionaries help you with your member missionary work! haha.

I'm doing really well here in England and am loving it if you can't tell from some of my letters. I miss the heat but luckily we've had sun! I actually love when it's cloudy here because i guess it's just what i'm expecting. i hope you are all dong wonderful and i love hearing from you all! sorry this is so long. (: i love and miss everyone!

Sister Stewart

pictures:
my view of the temple from the VC at sunset
donny osmond