Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where in the World Will Miranda Go?

Usually anxious young people these days only wait about two weeks to receive their mission calls. Since the age change there have been a huge rush of missionaries and one of those was me. So when I was waiting for my call I was expecting it to take two weeks and also receive it on either a Wednesday or Thursday but of course that didn't happen. After I finally got my papers in for good I got my call in less than a week and on a Saturday! Saturday January 5, 2013 I woke up like it was just a normal day. My dad went to take my brother back to the skate park from lunch and just so happened to pick up the mail while my mom and I waited for him so we could leave for walmart to go grocery shopping. You have to know something about my dad though... my dad will do almost anything for a laugh so when he called and told us that my call was in his hands it was really hard to believe! He even told me that I was going to Billings, Montana. Ha! Sure enough he gets home with my call in hand, unopened, might I add, and ready for me to open. 



Now, I liked the idea of everyone being there to watch when I opened my call and dad... not so much. He literally tried bribing me $200 just to open it right then and there. I figured that I'd be getting that much just getting ready for my mission anyway so I didn't take it. (: That night around six I opened my call in front of friends and family. 





Sincerely,
Thomas S. Monson